"In religion, India is the only millionaire...The one land that all men desire to see and having seen once, by even a glimpse , would not give that glimpse for all the shows of all the rest of the globe combined."
- Mark Twain
Sample Pilgrimage to India
Amritsar & the famed Golden Temple; Delhi, India's capital; Gandhi's Memorial;
Jaipur (the pink city) & beautiful palaces/forts;
Agra, Home of the Taj Mahal); the powerful Madurai Meenakshi Temple, one of India's largest temples;
Ashram of Sri Sathya Sai Baba; Backwaters of Kerala (the Venice of the East!); Visit to the Dalai Lama's Village, Dharamshala, nestled on the edge of the beautiful Himalayas;
Powerful Temples of South India; Meditation in an underground cave in Kanyakumari, the Tip of India;
and Ayurvedic Massage under coconut palm trees on the beach!
IN NORTH INDIA:
• Visit New Delhi, the capital of India - siteseeing and shopping
• Visit the breathtaking Taj Mahal, one of the 7 Wonders of the World, in AGRA
• Tour the historic “pink city” of JAIPUR and visit an ancient palace and remarkable fort!
• Tour the stunning Golden Temple of AMRITSAR, experiencing the beautiful Sikh chanting and prayers at this most amazing power spot - we will visit here in the morning and evening for the evening ceremony where the temple is lit up
• Visit to the Dalai Lama's Village, Dharamshala, nestled on the edge of the beautiful Himalayas;
IN SOUTH INDIA:
• Visit the famous MADURAI MEENAKSHI TEMPLE, one of India’s most powerful and largest temples where we will take
part in vedic puja prayer ceremonies, enjoy meditation & chanting and be immersed in temple energies
*The MEENAKSHI TEMPLE celebrates the goddess Meenakshi, consort to Lord Shiva
• Visit Sri Vishnu temple- it is said that those who visit this temple will be rewarded with great blessings
• Visit a hilltop Murugan temple—energies here diffuse negative karma in our lives and help with health and relationships
• Visit KERALA, the "land of coconuts," a state known for its tropical beauty / Meet local elephants!
• Visit KANYAKUMARI, the southernmost tip of India, where 3 oceans meet (Arabian sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean)
• Visit to the famous Suchindram Temple—this is an old, powerful and quite unique temple in that the deities of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva (Creation, Sustenance and Destruction energies) are represented as ONE force. **Sound vibrations and musical notes were incorporated in the construction of the pillars in this temple and we witness a demonstration of the musical play of notes here.
This temple also features a Hanuman deity form (Energy of Miracles) which stands 22 feet tall and was carved from a single block of granite. People appeal to Hanuman for seemingly impossible things in their lives and offer special prayers here.
Finally this temple also has a unique feature in that all the planets are depicted on the ceiling in a special portion of the temple. People visit this area of the temple to offer prayers which may correct planetary imbalances in their astrological charts.
• Visit the famed Vivekananda Rock Memorial which is an underground meditation cave on a rock island off the coast. This spot is pristine and quiet and people come here on pilgrimage to meditate and receive inspiration as it is considered to be a holy spot and an energy vortex. (Swami Vivekananda meditated here prior to leaving India in 1893 when he traveled to the U.S. and delivered his famous, inspirational speech to the Parliament of World Religions.) There is a nice bookstore here dedicated to Swami Vivekananda’s teachings as well as books on yoga and inner seeking.
• Tour the backwaters of Kerala (The Venice of the East); visit to Ammachi (the Hugging Saint) at her ashram on the beach
• Enjoy individualized consultations and rejuvenation/massage treatments at a stunning ayurvedic health spa under coconut palm trees. Ayurveda is the Indian system of healing through rejuvenation massage treatments and herbal oils.
• Relax at a beautiful pool, on the beach or enjoy a serene country boat ride through canals and lush vegetation, where you can see wildlife and exotic birds
• Visit to ashram of Sathya Sai Baba, for powerful chanting, meditation and prayers;
• Visit Varanasi, the Holy City, also known as Benares—a photographer’s dream. Witness and participate in vedic rituals and prayers at the Ganges, the sacred river. Take a serene boat ride on this holy river in the morning hours and offer prayers and floating candles on the Ganges for ourselves, loved ones and those departed. Take part in a peautiful arati (candle-lit ceremony) performed by priests at night on the banks of the river along with hundreds of people praying together.
• Visit the backwaters of Kerala (the Venice of the East) in handmade houseboats, cruising slowly down canals;
• Visit the Ashram of Mata Amritanandamayi, Ammachi, the Hugging Saint
THROUGHOUT THE TRIP:
• All meals included daily (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
• Accommodations included in beautiful , luxury 5 star hotels!
• All inner-India travel included (by luxury, air-conditioned bus and inner-India air flights)
• Accompaniment by Host and also English-speaking Manager and guides
"It is not coincidental that whenever anybody is thirsty for truth, suddenly he has become interested in India...And down the centuries, seekers have been coming to this land from all over the world. The country is poor...but to those who are sensitive it is the richest place on the earth. But the richness is of the inner. This poor country can give you the greatest treasure that is possible for human beings." -Osho
"India is the cradle of the human race,
the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history,
the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most constructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.” - Mark Twain
Please call 310-397-2405 for more information
A pilgrimage to India may be regarded as both an inner and outer journey, offering visitors unique opportunities for expansion of consciousness to be discovered when one is ready for transformation. Since 1984 we have enjoyed showing westerners the magic of India where we travel to ancient temples and palaces; enjoy meditation and chanting in spiritual vortexes; travel on handmade houseboats through the beautiful canals of Kerala; and experience ayurveda, the Indian system of healing through herbal medicine and massage. Exact itineraries change every year but the opportunities are always enlightening and memorable!
Join us for our yearly pilgrimage to India which includes spiritual, cultural and health experiences!
"India is not just geography or history. It is not only a nation, a country, a mere piece of land. It is something more: it is a metaphor, poetry, something invisible but very tangible. It is vibrating with certain energy fields which no other country can claim." —Osho
Tel: (310) 397-2405
Copyright © 1998 American Reiki Academy. All rights reserved.
The content of this website is protected by copyright. No portion of this website may be copied or replicated in any form without the written consent of the website owner, Alexandra Juliani.
310-397-2405 • Los Angeles, CA, United States